Kyle Banerjee <[log in to unmask]>
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM, MJ Ray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > It would also be very nice to replace the reCaptcha with something
> > that allowed people who can't pass audio-visual tests to take part!
>
> I've always wondered what percentage of the population has trouble with
> reCaptcha challenges. I know I do.

The last test I saw that I thought was good enough was back in 2008 or
so by c|net and found that 10% failed the eyetests and 40% failed the
hearing tests.  Of course, both of those have become more complicated
since then, in order to keep ahead of automated recognition software.

I'd love to know if anyone has seen more recent findings, but I'd really
love it if the code4lib wiki could drop it.

Hope that informs,