Keep in mind that many old-IE users are there because their corporate/gov
entity requires it. Our entire univeristy health/hospital complex, for
example, was on IE6 until...last year, maybe?... because they had several
critical pieces of software written as active-x components that only ran in
IE6. Which, sure, you can say that's dumb (because it is), but at the same
time we couldn't have a setup that made it hard for the doctors
and researchers use the library.

--
Bill Dueber
Library Systems Programmer