Hi Matt,

The largest hurdle you would face with linked data and ContentDM are the
inconsistently persistent URLs (to say nothing of the application specific
jankyness in the url).  When an item is added to a collection in ContentDM,
it is assigned an ID which is used in the URL, ie
http://digitalcollections.library.gsu.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/ajc/id/805/
 .
However, if at a later point, you make a change to that item, say updating
the OCR text, the item is given a new ID, and thus is accessed at a new
URL. However, the old URL does not redirect to the new one, it just dead
ends, ironically at an error page with a 200 HTTP request status header!
Wreaks havoc on search engines or any other system that relies on
persistent URLs, as a Linked data system *may* want to do. :(

That said, ContentDM 6 does have an API through which you can get data
about any record. It's a little inconsistent, and the docs aren't amazing,
but you can get most everything out of it that you'd want. So, if you had
coordinates where and image was taken stored in a metadata field, you could
use the API to get them and push that onto a Google map. So if you have a
collection that is static, you probably don't have to worry about the URL
borking feature they have included.
More about the ContentDM API:
http://www.contentdm.org/help6/custom/customize2f.asp

Hope that helps and good luck.