Hi,

I've seen registries for digital collections that make their metadata
available through OAI-PMH, but I have yet to see a listing of digital
collections that just make their resources available on the Web the
way the Web works [1]. Sitemaps are the main mechanism for listing Web
resources for automated crawlers [2]. Knowing about all of these
various sitemaps could have many uses for research and improving the
discoverability of digital collections on the open Web [3].

So I thought I'd put up a quick form to start collecting digital
collections sitemaps. One required field for the sitemap itself.
Please take a few seconds to add any digital collections sitemaps you
know about--they don't necessarily have to be yours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1JMDRIcXJMSzJ0YVlRaWdtVnhLcmc6MQ#gid=0

At this point I'll make the data available to anyone that asks for it.

Thank you,

Jason

[1] At least I don't recall seeing such a sitemap registry site or
service. If you know of an existing registry of digital collections
sitemaps, please let me know about it!
[2] http://www.sitemaps.org/ For more information on robots see
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/Robots_Are_Our_Friends
[3] For instance you can see how I've started to investigate whether
digital collections are being crawled by the Common Crawl:
http://jronallo.github.com/blog/common-crawl-url-index/