I wrote a little app in PHP to address this exact problem. I wrote it to
work the the LibraryH3lp webchat service, but the code could probably be
adapted to another context. You can download the source code and
instructions here: http://shirley.alptown.com/SOS_Button.zip

Best wishes,

Shirley Lincicum