While comprehensive specific math skill set might not be necessary in
programming, an understanding of mathematics beyond arithmetic can be
very useful. Relational database theory, for example, maps pretty
neatly to set theory.

Mathematics in general delivers a lot of insight into dealing with
complex patterns.

Is a solid math background necessary to program? Of course not. Sooner
or later though, programmers need a solid understanding of logic.

Thanks,

Cary

--
Cary Gordon