I don't know.  Saying "math" is essential to modern day programming/coding
is like saying it's essential to auto mechanics.  I mean, I guess, but not
really.  I regularly joke about my inability to add/subtract as "that's
what computers are for."  While reading code, initial programming
statements may resemble Algebra 1 formulas but they quickly devolve into
verbose patterns and human styles that feel more in line with my verbal
than my quantitative side.

--
Kelly R. Lucas
Senior Developer