Philip Roth wrote at a standing desk for most of his career. Here's an
outdated look at his
setup<http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zvCk5aitYz8#t=201s>
.

I don't have a standing desk, but I use this
timer<http://www.dejal.com/timeout/>.
I have it set up to go off every fifteen minutes for a thirty second break.
I usually standup, look out the window, and take a sip of water.