If a person writes programs -- code, then one is a coder.  It's as simple as that, whether one has a computer science degree or not.

I have always been puzzled by the self-consciousness betraying a lack of confidence that librarians suffer about what they do.  "Is Librarianship a profession?" seems to be a perpetually unanswered question that I have never seen anywhere else.  Chemists, doctors and lawyers don't seem to have this sort of second guessing themselves about what they do.  Why should those in the library profession?

Andromeda's short presentation was a good one.

Peter