Tom, no reason why we can't also have written poetry -- and performances
for when we are together. Some "slam" poetry as well as much rap is not
recorded, and therefore has the same passing existence of an unlogged
IRC channel. I would be fun to have a wiki for more durable poetry
(github unfortunately would be a barrier to many). Wiki formatting will
make even that a challenge, so we'll need to instruct folks to use a
<pre> block (c4l wiki recognizes that, right?).

kc

On 2/15/13 3:12 PM, Tom Johnson wrote:
> relevant: http://everything2.com/title/Ode+To+Lynx
>
> I like Karen's proposal of establishing an oral tradition. But I've also
> been thinking about version controlled poetry in github or on a wiki, and
> hyperlinked/linked data poetry. For that matter, does IRC poetry count as
> oral if the channel is unlogged?
>
> - Tom
>
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, Joshua! That DEFINITELY qualifies as nerd poetry IMO. I hope your
>> darling can appreciate it!
>>
>> kc
>>

>> On 2/15/13 10:26 AM, Joshua Gomez wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sitting at the hotel waiting for my airport shuttle and I'm looking
>>> over the list of great presentations that were given at the conference
>>> this
>>> year. Thanks to all the presenters and the hosts. As always, code4lib was