Oddball Film+Video, a unique San Francisco stock footage company is seeking a
project-base, part-time Film+Media Archivist. We are searching for someone who
is focused on archiving, database management and historical research with
strong tech skills. Our company specializes in providing offbeat and unusual
footage for feature films, documentaries and web related projects around the
world. We have extensive 35mm, 16mm and small gauge film, analog tape and
digital media archives.

Responsibilities Include

Archiving, database management and research of multi format media materials.
Technical and logistical support of analog and digital media, media migration,
data storage and backup. Technical systems configuation and troubleshooting.

Requirements

A working knowledge Filemaker Pro and other relevant database software.
Familiarity with multiple analog and digital file formats and non linear
editing systems such as Final Cut Pro. Configuration and troubleshooting
experience. An understanding of 16mm film and analog video equipment, digital
software and editing tools. A working knowledge of office-oriented software
like Word and Excel. Knowledge of Mac OSX operating systems and data backup
procedures.

Applicant should be articulate, outgoing and proactive with excellent
analytical, organizational, communication and verbal skills

Useful Skills

Knowledge of historical events and use of stock footage in documentary,
commercial broadcast and web based programming. Library science background.
Hands on experience with 16mm and small gauge film. Photoshop and other
related media programs.

Your Future

Possibility of part time or full time employment with a small and growing
creative company.

Note to Applicants

We're looking for an eager, forward-thinking person interested in media and
archival footage to assist in growing this into a part or full time position.
While we're open to people with a variety of skill sets from diverse
backgrounds please either have the qualifications above or specifically stated
transferable skills necessary for this position. Note this is not a production
or editing position.

How to Apply

Please send a brief letter of inquiry and a resume focusing on your skills and
previous experience relevant to this position.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6356/