Tim,

I'll jump in with, from a curriculum standpoint, making sure there are a
variety of class levels offered.  When I went through my graduate
program there was assistance for people who'd never used email, attached
documents, created Powerpoints--basic level stuff that was taught by
myself and other GAs on a 1-on-1 usually,  and there were classes for
people who were already systems administrators/programmers/etc.

The only mid-level class offered during my tenure was a course on
database design and XML.  It has proved the most useful class I took.
While I imagine the curriculum has changed in the past few years at my
alma mater, identifying and having regular offerings for different
levels of familiarity would be important to me were I considering
programs again.

Abigail

--
Abigail Goben
Assistant Information Services Librarian and Assistant Professor