Avanti Nova version 0.3 has been released.  This version focuses on further developing the Nova scripting language among other things, including running Nova script files.  I have also implemented the concept of "object sets" which may have many possibilities down the road.

Right now Nova is still a prototype and an idea for a system that manages linked data.  There is still a lot of boilerplate underneath, as I am further developing and fleshing out the scripting language.  I am looking into the ability to embed Nova code in documents or HTML files.  Also thinking about flow control methods.  Soon I plan to replace the boilerplate with an interface to a database system (mySQL?) that can scale for real applications, at which point the practical uses for Nova will become more apparent.

For more information and to download the software go to http://www.avantilibrarysystems.com

Peter Schlumpf
Avanti Library Systems