I use a stand-up desk (actually I have two - one is just a drafting
table). Right now I'm working on this one[1] which is billed as a laptop
stand and is adjustable so I can stand or sit. I use it with a regular
desk, which is where my screens sit. They also have whole desks that go
up and down, but those are pretty expensive. I like standing to work,
but after many hours it also can lead to back pain. Being able to
alternate sitting and standing is great. I also find that there are some
tasks that are sitting tasks (reading, thinking) and some that are
standing tasks (writing).

kc

[1]
http://www.jesperoffice.com/jesper-office-ergonomics/526-height-adjustable-tables-workpad-201