I have a no-cost makeshift standup desk--I can switch between standing and
sitting in 15-20 seconds. I usually only change once or twice a day. Here
it is:

http://twitpic.com/35w860

Note the slide-away keyboard tray not used in standing position. I do have
to lift my display down from the shelf when I switch, but hey, I've been
working out.

Mark