gitHub may have excellent startup documentation, but that startup
documentation describes git in programming terms mainly using *nx
commands. If you have never had to use a version control system (e.g. if
you do not write code, especially in a shared environment), "clone"
"push" "pull" are very poorly described. The documentation is all in
terms of *nx commands. Honestly, anything where this is in the
documentation:

On Windows systems, Git looks for the |.gitconfig| file in the |$HOME|
directory (|%USERPROFILE%| in Windows’ environment), which is
|C:\Documents and Settings\$USER| or |C:\Users\$USER| for most people,
depending on version (|$USER| is |%USERNAME%| in Windows’ environment).

is not going to work for anyone who doesn't work in Windows at the
command line.

No, git is NOT for non-coders.

kc

--