Jacob,

Thanks for posting here. I'm hoping you can answer a very basic question
about openannotation: can you explain why annotations are not just more
relationships in the linked data sphere? Essentially, I don't understand
why annotations have a standard of their own, and not just a place in an
ontology. What is special about annotations that RDF could not or would
not provide, natively?

Thanks. I realize that this may be a big question, and am willing to be
directed elsewhere. I have looked at the w3c documentation.

kc

Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net
ph: 1-510-540-7596