From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Karen Coyle [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] GitHub Myths (was thanks and poetry)

Shaun, you cannot decide whether github is a barrier to entry FOR ME (or
anyone else), any more than you can decide whether or not my foot hurts.
I'm telling you github is NOT what I want to use. Period.

I'm actually thinking that a blog format would be nice. It could be
pretty (poetry and beauty go together). Poems tend to be short, so
they'd make a nice blog post. They could appear in the Planet blog roll.
They could be coded by author and topic. There could be comments! Even
poems as comments! The only down-side is managing users. Anyone have
ideas on that?

kc

--
Karen Coyle