As far as the google custom search solution, I'd add that sometimes it
yields weird results : for instance, we indexed a site and for a given
search term, google says "about 16 results" (we have 10 hits displayed
on the page) and when we click on page 2, it says "about 12 results"
(showing the two remaining hits). Ok, it says "about", but it's a bit
strange anyway that the system is not able to compute the proper number
of hits upfront (it occurs while using labels refinement.)
On the other hand, it's super easy to set up...

--
signature
*Julien Gibert*