Hi,

I was advised to repost this as many list members were at the
conference last week.

The W3C Open Annotation Community Group
<http://www.w3.org/community/openannotation/> is pleased to announce
three public meetings introducing the Open Annotation Data Model
Community Specification.

The Open Annotation Core Data Model
<http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/> specifies an interoperable
framework for creating associations between related resources, i.e.,
annotations, using a methodology that conforms to the Architecture of
the World Wide Web. Open Annotations can easily be shared between
platforms, with sufficient richness of expression to satisfy complex
requirements while remaining simple enough to also allow for the most
common use cases, such as attaching a piece of text to a single web
resource.

These day-long public roll-outs, carried out in concert with the
Annotation Ontology and the Open Annotation Collaboration, and made
possible by generous funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation,
will inform digital humanities and sciences computing developers,
curators of digital collections and scholars using digital content
about the W3C Open Annotation Community Group’s work.

Participants will learn about the data model's core features and
advanced modules through tutorials, a showcase of existing
implementations, Q&A sessions with community implementers and live
demonstrations.

Topics will include:

* The Open Annotation Data Model
* The W3C Open Annotation Community Group
* Existing implementations
* Developer tools & resources

There is no registration fee, but space is limited, so you must
register to reserve a spot. Rollout times and locations:

* U.S. West Coast Rollout – 09 April 2013 at Stanford University
----- Registration:
<https://www.eventville.com/Catalog/EventRegistration1.asp?Eventid=1010270>

* U.S. East Coast Rollout – 06 May 2013 at the University of Maryland
----- Registration:
<https://www.eventville.com/Catalog/EventRegistration1.asp?Eventid=1010271>

* U.K. Rollout – 24 June 2013 at the University of Manchester
----- Registration:
<https://www.eventville.com/Catalog/EventRegistration1.asp?Eventid=1010272>

RSVP for a rollout near you using one of the links above.

For more information and individual agendas, see:
<http://www.openannotation.org/RolloutInfo.html>

Regards,

Jacob

Jacob Jett
Visiting Project Coordinator
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164