Hi,

My question is not directly connected to coding but I suppose there are
some library geeks, interested in semantic web at this list.

During the last years I have crafted (or I am still crafting) several
ontologies to describe library related information in RDF. I try hard
not to reinvent wheels but to connect to existing ontologies as much as
possible. I also try to keep it simple (such as Dublin Core) by creating
multiple small ontologies instead of one large library-ontology. For
instance I created the general Simple Service Status Ontology (SSSO) to
express the state of a service, such as lending a book (e.g. reserved,
provided for pickup, on loan...), but also suitable for other services:

http://purl.org/ontology/ssso

Revisiting the ontology for Document Availability Information Ontology
(DAIA) I thought about moving the list of library services to a small
ontology of its own. Do you know of any more-or-less format lists,
classifications etc. of library services? Is anyone else interested in
an ontology of library services?

I also asked this at StackExchange, you can answer there or here:

http://libraries.stackexchange.com/questions/1403/what-basic-services-are-typically-provided-by-a-library

Cheers,
Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <[log in to unmask]>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany