From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jason Raitz
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 2:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] human rights violations elibrary for Haiti/France

Hi,
I've just been contacted out of the blue by someone working with a joint Haitian/French human rights organization that needs to create a searchable, bilingual elibrary on human rights violations in Haiti.  They've secured hosting in America for various reasons and they have a few thousand or more documents to store, index and make available.  The lady I talked to had an interest in using facets and storing the documents in a MySQL db.  I briefly suggested that Solr and Blacklight might be where they're heading.
I also suggested that she might be able to get more help from an I-school like my alma mater, UNC-SILS.

If anyone would like to assist her or has some ideas or experience with such things, her email is reneeasteria [at] gmail [dot] com.

She didn't tell me much more beyond this.  I believe that she doesn't consider herself a programmer (I bet we would consider her a coder :-) ), she's been working with statistical software for a number of years, and that she is able to learn what's necessary.

I'm not sure of any protocols, but I went ahead and CC'd Renee on this message.

Cheers,
Jason Raitz
NCSU Libraries