I am using a height-adjustable table while working on my office computer.  I don't have picture of it but I think it should be available at any office depots.  The good thing about it is you can choose to either sit or stand before the table.

Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Pernotto
Sent: 2013年2月7日 11:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Stand Up Desks

Despite my best efforts of sitting up straight, getting an ergonomic chair, making sure my desk is a proper height (I'm a tall guy, so my desk is 'modified' to reflect this), and I make sure I stand up and at least stretch every 30 minutes (or so), my back still bothers me some days.

I saw a Wired article a few months back hailing the benefits of stand up desks (http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/10/mf-standing-desk/), and also found an article in NY Times (
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/business/stand-up-desks-gaining-favor-in-the-workplace.html?_r=1&)
and wondered if there were any other developers/list members who used them.
 In my mind, I'm trading one problem for another, and I'm not sure I want to be standing up all day long.  On the other hand, my back is killing me today.

Suggestions?

Mark