Mark,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I see what you mean. I've changed
the form a bit to allow for adding a block of sitemaps.

In cases where I reach the size limit for a sitemap, I'll use a
sitemap index file to group multiple sitemaps. I can see how that's
not always the case and some systems may make it difficult.
http://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.html#index
(Oh, and what Chad said about not having to update the robots.txt all the time.)

I didn't make a space for robots.txt because lots of sites still do
not add their sitemaps to their robots.txt. Since the robots.txt is
always at the root, this is also something that can be autodiscovered.
I've found in my previous explorations of sites in collection
registries that while there is often a robots.txt it usually does not
contain any sitemaps. That might just be the set that I've dealt with,
though.

Jason