Hello Colleagues,

Many think of publishing in one way--the production and sale of a book.
Librarians know this is only one of many ways people access
information--the library world is expanding to reach and support users in
creative ways. We believe producing and publishing of content--ebooks,
zines, podcasts and more--enriches a library’s community by engaging our
society’s desire to share knowledge.  The Library Publishing Toolkit has
two major goals:

*We want to hear stories* of the innovative ways libraries are creating and
distributing materials as a part of their public services, or how they are
helping patrons with these tasks.

*We want to provide resources* to libraries looking to augment their
services with creative and engaging publishing projects and services.

Interested?
*
Please take a moment to fill out our survey*:
 www.publishingtoolkit.org/about-you/libraries<http://www.publishingtoolkit.org/about-you/libraries>

Brainstorm what you or others in your library do that involves or supports
creation.

*Tell us the whole story! *
Write a brief article/chapter about your library experiences with content
creation and creator services. Visit our webpage for more details:
 http://www.publishingtoolkit.org/write-with-us/<http://www.publishingtoolkit.org/write-with-us/>

Feel free to contact us with any questions at [log in to unmask]

--

Best wishes,

Cyril

Cyril Oberlander, Director, Milne Library
SUNY College at Geneseo
1 College Circle, Geneseo, NY 14454
Email: [log in to unmask]  -  TEL: 585-245-5528  -  FAX: 585-245-5769  -
 Skype: cyriloberlander