Many think of publishing in one way--the production and sale of a book. Librarians know this is only one of many ways people access information--the library world is expanding to reach and support users in creative ways. We believe producing and publishing of content--ebooks, zines, podcasts and more--enriches a library’s community by engaging our society’s desire to share knowledge.  The Library Publishing Toolkit has two major goals:

We want to hear stories of the innovative ways libraries are creating and distributing materials as a part of their public services, or how they are helping patrons with these tasks.

We want to provide resources to libraries looking to augment their services with creative and engaging publishing projects and services.

Interested?

Take a moment to fill out our survey
: www.publishingtoolkit.org/about-you/libraries
Brainstorm what you or others in your library do that involves or supports creation.

Tell us the whole story!
Write a brief article/chapter about your library experiences with content creation and creator services. Visit our webpage for more details: http://www.publishingtoolkit.org/write-with-us/

Feel free to contact us with any questions at [log in to unmask]
--
Kate Pitcher
Head, Technical Services & Collection Development