Kyle,

I can't help but think of a talk from pycon 2012:

Militarizing Your Backyard with Python: Computer Vision and the Squirrel
Hordes
https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/267/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPgqfnKG_T4

tl:dw;
He used some python bindings for computer vision libraries to train his
cameras to recognize a squirrel. Then he shot the squirrels with water when
they tried to eat the goodies in his garden.

Might help, might not. Fun watching either way.
Chad