Hello friends,

I hope some of you will seriously consider looking at this position
yourself and/or re-posting it and/or sharing about it with your colleagues.
I'd like to add to the job posting a hint of what an excellent opportunity
this is. You would be joining a small team doing innovative work to make
available digitized historical archival materials, photographs, oral
histories, historical film, library records, object descriptions and
photos, and tens of millions of pages of digitized archival materials. The
environment includes the Blacklight Ruby on Rails gem (
http://projectblacklight.org), and will include bringing EAD archival
descriptions using Archon (later ArchivesSpace) into Blacklight, and
interfacing with an open source digital asset management system,
ResourceSpace (http://www.resourcespace.org/). I've shared here on code4lib
the first cut of our Blacklight implementation: (
http://collections.ushmm.org -- a more full-featured version is available
on-campus) but there is so much more to do. There is plenty of room for
your energy, intelligence, creativity, and your good software development
practices. Our institution is on the brink of being able to do so much more
with our amazing collection data along the lines of crowd-sourcing, and
investigating possible collaboration with other institutions with data
sharing. We need serious programming development chops in some combination
of PHP, Ruby/RoR, and there's room for other toolsets (e.g. Python).
Contact [log in to unmask] to apply. Any code4libbers or related friends may
also contact me off-list if you have any questions.