I haven't personally used it but one of my colleagues used it to build something called VivoSearchLight.   It's a browser bookmarklet that uses node.js that searches an elasticsearch index produced from a harvest of the triple stores from instances of 7 (I think) instances of a semantic web application (VIVO).  He recently refactored the server side code such that it uses Solr.  I'm currently working on a project based on blacklight and am going to be looking at the searchlight code to see if I can build a "CatalogSearchLight" application that will provide a bookmarket such that one can view any page on the web and execute a search of holdings in our catalog based on the text of a web page.  In any case, here's the vivosearchlight page: http://vivosearchlight.org/