Oh, I though he/she is talking about Amazon Search service(part of amazon cloud). I think it is the same or similar name.
Kun

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christian Pietsch
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] ElasticSearch

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 06:49:28PM +0000, Lin, Kun wrote:
> That's something pretty pricy.

Are you joking? It's free and open-source software:
https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch

Some of my colleagues at Bielefeld University Library's LibTec department are using it with LibreCat <http://librecat.org/> to power our university's central publication data service PUB <http://pub.uni-bielefeld.de/>. They seem to be happy with it. In other projects, we stick to SOLR or even pure old Lucence.
What are you looking to use ES for?

Cheers,
Christian

--
  Christian Pietsch · http://purl.org/net/pietsch
  LibTec · Library Technology and Knowledge Management