If you can stand an extrastep, Ed, there are tools to convert PDF to jpg
images, and from there it shouldn't be too hard to get TIFF output. Do a
search for "convert PDF to image" to get started. There are tools that
are not online only, which I'm pretty sure is what you're after.

Roy Zimmer
Western Michigan University