The European Library service works for the benefit of two communities:

  * Researchers across the world use our portal as a single access point to content from Europe's most prestigious libraries.
  * For libraries, we are a way to efficiently distribute content to various platforms and into researchers' workflows. We make the collections and intellectual output of our partners as accessible as possible to a global audience.
The Editorial Officer will be responsible for writing and editing all
communications with our network of libraries and end users, such as press
releases, portal, collateral materials, etc. The Editorial Officer is
responsible for designing and implementing the Editorial Plan. She/he will
work closely with both the Marketing Manager and Communications Manager.

**Key responsibility:**

To manage all communications for The European Library and its associated
projects.

**Main duties:**

  * To promote The European Library effectively across our network of libraries
  * To connect with our target audience groups
  * To monitor the editorial quality of curatorial information available on the portal
  * To be responsible for the Editorial Plan 2013 and turn the plan into action
  * To be responsible for the social media activities of The European Library
  * To take responsibility for the production of corporate communications, such as editing and publishing of the annual report, annual plan, quarterly reports, etc
  * To support editorial activities required by associated projects
**Profile:**

**Skills and experience**

_Essential_

  * Native English speaker
  * Outstanding communicator, with excellent writing skills and experience in writing and editing press releases
  * Graduate or equivalent
  * At least 4-5 years of relevant experience in a similar position
  * Knowledge of a sector relevant to our work, for example, libraries or universities
  * Excellent team player
  * Computer literate, experience with MS Office, possibly InDesign and Photoshop
  * Self starter
  * Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.

_Desirable_

  * Relevant professional qualification

**The European Library**

Established since 2005, The European Library offers a single point of access
to the bibliographical and digital collections of the national and research
libraries of Europe. It is a service of the Conference of European National
Librarians (CENL) and is based in the National Library of The Netherlands in
The Hague.

For more information, please visit the website:
[http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org](http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org)

**Employer**

Staff of The European Library are employed by the Europeana Foundation, based
in The Hague.

**Terms and conditions of employment**

The salary for this post is in line with the Collective Labour agreement for
Research Centres, scale 9 or 10, (€ 2.500 - € 3.800,- gross per month, holiday
allowance and annual bonus not included) depending on your experience and
skills. In addition, you will have 42 days holiday per year, a holiday
allowance (8%), an annual bonus (around 8%) and good fringe benefits.

This position is until 31st December 2013 in the first instance. Renewal is
possible, subject to performance and availability of funding.

**How to apply**

For questions about the job please email [log in to unmask] Please send your
CV and application letter to [log in to unmask], clearly marked 'Editorial
Officer, The European Library'.

Final acceptance date for application: 29 April 2013 at 12:00 CET

First telephone interviews will be held during the week beginning 8 May 2013

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7367/