I'll also point out that the Diebolt-o-tron is used for all sorts of
code4lib voting. Usually there are many options, as with conference
proposals and t-shirt design. I will grant that weighted voting may
seem a bit over-flexible when there are only two options, but it works
quite well as a general solution.

-Tod