The British Library has a directory of library codes used by UK registered users of it's Document Supply service. The Directory of Library Codes enables British Library customers to convert into names and addresses the library codes they are given in response to location searches. It also indicates each library's supply and charging policies. More information at http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/atyourdesk/docsupply/help/replycodes/dirlibcodes/

As far as I know the only format this data has ever been made available in is PDF. I've always thought this a shame, so I've written a scraper on scraperwiki to extract the data from the PDF and make it available as structured, query-able, data. The scraper and output is at https://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/british_library_directory_of_library_codes/

Just in case anyone would find it useful. Also any suggestions for improving the scraper welcome (I don't usually write Python so the code is probably even ropier than my normal code :)

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com