The theme for Access 2013 is *In Context* :

As this will be the 20th conference, we’d like to reflect on the way that
Access has grown and developed along with our libraries over the past two
decades. What have we learned on this long strange trip? What were our
triumphs? How have our failures made us wiser? Where will we go next?

We’re looking for proposals that consider:

   - our *present context*, and the challenges facing our user communities
   in digital preservation, in data archiving, in alternative publishing
   models, and in large scale search and discovery and more.

   - the *future context*. How can we engage with trends like big data,
   linked data, open access, and interoperable cloud-based services? How can
   we build agile organizations that can respond quickly to emerging needs?

   - the *community context*, the potential for new partnerships in digital
   humanities, in evidence-based practice, in web metadata, in maker/hacker
   spaces, in online cultural spaces. How can we reach out into
   non-traditional areas?

   - our *administrative context*: the rise of interdisciplinarity and
   internationalization within our universities; new vendor business models;
   legislative reform around copyright, privacy, and access to information.
   How can we help to shape our context? How shall we advocate?

This year we want to take advantage of the flexibility of single track
conference planning by letting you propose your preferred session length
and format. Let us know if you want to do a traditional session, a quick
demo, audience participation, storytelling, Pecha Kucha, lightening talks,
a panel of experts or something completely different. Be creative. We’ll
accept proposals in any format. You choose a length from 5 minutes to 45
minutes. Sessions over 15 minutes will be selected via peer-review.

Please submit proposals to [log in to unmask] by *May 15, 2013.*
--

K r i s t a G o d f r e y

Web Services Librarian | Queen Elizabeth II Library
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL
A1B 3Y1

"He's like Super Librarian, y'know?
Everyone forgets, Willow, that knowledge is the ultimate weapon."
-  Buffy the Vampire Slayer