The ALCTS PARS Digital Preservation Interest Group invites speakers to
  participate at the Digital Preservation Interest Group session at
the  ALA Annual Meeting in Chicago on Sunday, June 30, 2013 from
8:30-10:00 AM.

Our theme for the session at ALA Annual will be repository ingest
workflows.  We invite session proposals that address the workflows
surrounding ingest processes and the tools used to support these
workflows.

Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Workflows to prepare the contents of a SIP (Submission Information
Package) for storage and management
- Creating and deriving metadata (e.g. descriptive and technical)
needed to manage and identify digital objects or disk images
- Disk imaging practices
- Management of logical and physical disk images
- Validation of digital objects
- Dealing with digital objects on media of unusual types, formats,
ages, and conditions
- Dealing with multiple versions of digital objects
- Dealing with encrypted or password-protected digital objects
- Redaction practices and policies
- Dealing with digital objects created using special applications or
software versions
- Normalization of file formats
- Digital preservation tools that support ingest processes

Presentations should be approximately 20-30 minutes in length.
Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.

Please send abstracts of proposals to co-chairs by Friday, May 3,
2013.  If you have questions, please contact us.  We look forward to
hearing from you!

Sibyl Schaefer
Assistant Director, Head of Digital Programs, Rockefeller Archive Center

Meghan Banach Bergin
Coordinator, Bibliographic Access and Metadata Unit, University of
Massachusetts Amherst

Meghan Banach Bergin
Coordinator, Bibliographic Access and Metadata Unit
Information Resources Management Department/W.E.B. Du Bois Library
University of Massachusetts
154 Hicks Way
Amherst, MA  01003
Telephone  (413) 545-6846
Fax  (413) 545-6494
E-mail  [log in to unmask]

"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even
less."--General Eric Shinseki, former U.S. Army Chief of Staff