Greetings all,

We'll hold our regularly scheduled NDSA Geospatial Content Subgroup today, Friday, April 19 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern.

We'll discuss the attached "Appraisal and Selection of Geospatial Data" document with an eye to releasing it as an official NDSA document.

Questions:
Do we want to publish this under the NDSA Geospatial WG banner?
Any changes/edits necessary to get it ready to go?
Anyone with graphic design skills available to make it look special nice?

Some background:

Steve Morris of the North Carolina State University Libraries originally drafted this report in conjunction with the NDIIPP "Digital Geospatial Appraisal Meeting" in Nov. 2010 (http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/meetings/geosummit10.html). For one reason or another Steve's report never got released. He has graciously offered it up to the NDSA to release under the NDSA banner.

Butch Lazorchak
Digital Archivist
Library of Congress
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
(202) 707-2603
facebook.com/digitalpreservation
@ndiipp