That doesn't sound like an easy answer at all! Given that we all try to
play nice with institutional funding, all you've said is that in an ideal
world some other group will have a similar mandate. It doesn't get us (in
all seriousness) anywhere. Hopefully our institutions have higher
preservation goals! "collections policy" doesn't help at all--and may take
us backward.