Islandora is pleased to announce our annual Islandora Camp, taking place
Sunday, July 7th in Charlottetown, PEI (The day before the 2013 Open
Repositories conference, also held in Charlottetown - http://or2013.net). An
early bird rate of $195 is available until *June 4th*. Registration and
full details here: http://peicamp13.islandora.ca

Islandora is an open-source software framework designed to help
institutions and organizations and their audiences collaboratively manage,
and discover digital assets using a best-practices framework. Islandora was
originally developed by the University of Prince Edward Island's Robertson
Library, but is now implemented and contributed to by an ever-growing
international community.

This year's Islandora Camp will be the fourth time the Islandora community
has gathered in Prince Edward Island for summer sun and digital
repositories.

The activities at Camp are also new this year. In response to feedback from
our last few camps, we are taking a very hands-on approach. Instead of a
series of sit-and-listen sessions, the camp will be structured around a set
of tutorials and exercises with Islandora. Working with the latest
Islandora 7.x release in a VM (bring your laptops!), attendees will be
grouped in tables of 4-5 with an  experienced mentor, who will help you
through the projects when you struggle, or give you extra challenges if
you're breezing through.

Curriculum details will be released within the next few weeks. General
plans are:

*Admin Group*
For repository and collection managers, librarians, archivists, and anyone
else who deals primarily with the front-end experience of Islandora and
would like to learn how to get the most out of it, or developers who would
like to learn more about the front-end experience.

   - Intro to Drupal
   - Setting Up Islandora
   - Collection Management
   - Solr

*Developer Group*
For developers, systems people, and anyone dealing with Islandora at the
code-level, or any front-end Islandora users who are interested in learning
more about the developer side.

   - Setting up a Dev Environment
   - Coding Standards
   - Building a Module
   - Solr

We are also giving away a free registration for Camp and for Open
Repositories 2013 as part of a logo design contest for the Islandora Camp
t-shirt. Details: http://peicamp13.islandora.ca/content/t-shirt-contest

Thanks, and we hope to see you this summer!
The Islandora Team
--
http://islandora.ca