eLearning Librarians

Geelong Regional Library is one of the major public library services in
Victoria. With 16 branches and 2 mobile libraries we serve over a quarter of a
million people living in the communities of our four member councils. We pride
ourselves on being a proactive and innovative library service and look to
recruit accordingly.

We are looking for two exceptional eLearning Librarians who will lead the way
in keeping the community informed and up-to-date. These are exciting new roles
providing community focused library and information services and programs
whilst encompassing new technology developments.

See our website www.grlc.vic.gov.au for further information and position
descriptions.

Applicants should ensure that they have read the position description prior to
application.

Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted to

SELECTION CRITERIA

Degree or graduate diploma which provides eligibility for Associate Membership
of ALIA with extensive experience and/or qualifications in IT

Proven expertise in the area of all things "e", particularly online
information resources, mobile devices, eBooks, eReaders, social media
applications and library management systems

Sound general knowledge and interest in reader development, literacy and
digital literacy development

Proven effective presentation skills

High level skills in information technology and software

Demonstrated expertise in the planning, development, management,
implementation and evaluation of training programs and resources

Proven understanding of the principles of adult learning

Demonstrated ability to undertake professional development while working
independently

Demonstrated understanding of the role of the modern public library

High level communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to
relate to people of all backgrounds and ages

Current working with children check

Current Victorian Drivers Licence

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7923/