From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Rochkind
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 10:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] discovery layers question

I think you first need to be clear about what you would be trying to do by using a hosted discovery product simultaneously with VuFind. What would be the goals, why would you be doing this, what are you trying to accomplish?  Would you be offering both Encore and a VuFind implementation as alternate services for your users to use? Or would they be combined somehow? How would you want to combine them?

You need to be clear on this internally, on what you're trying to do, to have any hope of success.  Being clear about that when you ask a question on the list will also elicit more useful answers; I'm not really entirely sure what you're asking.