On May 17, 2013, at 11:47 AM, Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>> Cambridge Journals encourages new uses for journal data by releasing its API…
>>> http://journals.cambridge.org/action/stream?pageId=9048&level=2
>
> I hacked something together demonstrating how some of JSTOR's Data For Research content could be repurposed (Step #8) -- http://bit.ly/17FpcBo  Fun with computers!?

I learned of an additional bibliographic API the other day, specifically, the API's of the HathiTrust Research Center for searching and data dumping. [1, 2] A few weeks ago, a couple of people (Beth Plale and Yiming Sun) came to visit us here at Notre Dame. They described the Center in more detail. Their implementation -- while just getting started -- is interesting from copyright, bibliographic, and computation viewpoints. For example, it is a perfect example of how software needs to move to the data when the data is too large to move to the software. I blogged about their visit. [3]

[1] query API (based on Solr) - http://wiki.htrc.illinois.edu/display/COM/Solr+Proxy+API+User+Guide
[2] data API - http://wiki.htrc.illinois.edu/display/COM/HTRC+Data+API+Users+Guide
[3] blog posting - http://dh.crc.nd.edu/blog/2013/05/htrc/

--