At Villanova, we are using VuFind for local catalog results and Summon for everything else:

https://library.villanova.edu/Find/

We opted for a multi-column search result interface to guide the user in one direction or the other.  This is obviously something of a compromise -- the main challenge in any of these situations is deciding how to integrate different types of results.

- Demian