I want to share news about MetaShotPpt, a tool that takes a folder of image files with embedded descriptive metadata and imports them into a new PowerPoint presentation. Each image is placed in a single slide and if the file has embedded metadata, it is imported to the speaker notes. MetaShotppt is meant to streamline the creation of PowerPoint presentation for faculty and students. This first version works on Windows PowerPoint 2010 and newer.

http://metadatadeluxe.pbworks.com/w/page/65714041/MetaShotPpt

MetaShotPpt is a project of the Visual Resources Association Embedded Metadata working group who are working on establishing standards and tools for using embedded image metadata in images of cultural heritage works. Our other projects include a custom XMP info panel<http://metadatadeluxe.pbworks.com/w/page/32300275/VRA%20XMP%20Info%20Panel%20(beta)> using the VRA Core schema and a metadata export-import plugin for Bridge.<http://metadatadeluxe.pbworks.com/w/page/48025141/VRA%20Panel%20Export-Import%20Tool>

I would be happy to share the MetaShotPpt source code with anyone who wants it. Of course, we would welcome any help in improving it.

Please send comments to Heidi Eyestone ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Greg Reser ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Thank you,

Greg Reser
Arts Library
University of California, San Diego