It is my understanding that the vast majority of searches will work,
but it's complicated. If you want the complicated explanation you
might want to take a look at this PowerPoint and/or some of the
resources listed on the page that you identified:

<http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/research/activities/fast/ala06-taylor.ppt>

Roy