Nina,

Regarding how to promote adoption of Drupal in library environments:

Our library is relatively autonomous in relation to our university IT
department, but they still find the need to be involved in making major
decisions like allowing the library to switch to using Drupal as our
framework. Although they are becoming more and more amenable to open source
systems they are still hesitant to go with Drupal due in large part to
security issues.

If our colleagues would be persuaded that a well-maintained Drupal site is
not more likely to be attacked than any other system is I think it would
help others in situations like ours. If there were a magic study extolling
the security virtues of Drupal written with a university IT department in
mind I think this would help some.

Thanks,
Scott