**FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT**

The William & Anita Newman Library of Baruch College seeks applicants for
appointment to a tenure-track faculty position as Assistant Professor -
Digital Initiatives Librarian. The successful candidate will lead the
creation, maintenance, and stewardship of digital collections, including the
digitization of special collections and other library materials and the
implementation and maintenance of discovery tools related to these
initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for recommending
policies and best practices to assure access to the digital collections.
Additionally s/he will work with the collection curators to select collections
to be digitized; manage the content creation process and acquisition of born
digital collections; in conjunction with IT staff, assure adequate storage for
the digital collections and implementation of back-up strategies; identify
potential third party services and work with the organization and the
department in implementing vendor services; create and update project
documentation; promote and market the digital collections program; and assist
in evaluation of the program. S/he will hire, train, and manage digital
collections staff including digital technicians. The position reports to the
Head of Archives and Special Collections, but requires close collaboration
with the Metadata Librarian, IT staff, and other units of the College. As a
member of the library faculty the successful candidate is expected to provide
reference and research assistance to library users, teach, and engage in
active scholarship that leads to publication.

The Newman Library is a recipient of the Excellence in Academic Libraries
Award from the Association of College and Research Libraries, as well as the
American Institute of Architects Honor Award for Excellence in Design, the
Award of Excellence for Library Architecture, presented jointly by the
American Library Association and the American Institute of Architects, and the
Library Buildings Award, presented by the Library Administration and
Management Section of the American Library Association. The Library has an
active instruction program that includes credit courses leading to an
undergraduate Minor in Information Studies.

**QUALIFICATIONS**

The successful candidate will have a Master's in Library Science (MLS),
Master's in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline.
A second graduate degree in addition to the MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited
library school is required for a position as Assistant Professor. This
position requires at least two years of experience with current digital
library technologies and experience with managing digital projects.

**COMPENSATION**

$61,903 - $81,645; commensurate with qualifications and experience.

**HOW TO APPLY**

From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user
account, and provide the requested information. If you are
viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on
our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or
Title.

Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.

**CLOSING DATE**

Open until filled with resume reviews beginning July 1, 2013.

**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**

CUNY Job Posting: Faculty

**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**

We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively
encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to
apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and
continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8334/