Never mind? This appears to be a campus network issue, not inherent to IE

On Jun 28, 2013, at 10:11 AM, "Ken Irwin" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Hi folks,

I’ve been working on integrating some Bootstrap into our library website, and I’ve stumbled on weird thing that I can’t explain:

I’m using the basic bootstrap templates, straight out of the box with no customization, and the CSS feature that compresses the header on narrow screens doesn’t work on IE(v9) on my library web server. But exactly the same code on my personal server works just fine. Both sets of code work fine in Chrome and Firefox. Both servers are some mix of Linux+Apache.

Why would the same css work on one server but not another?

I ran Fiddler to be sure that the css was actually being called, and it is.

I wonder if others will get the same results.

Working in IE:
Out of the box “hero” template: http://alltrees.org/ken/bootstrap/docs/examples/hero.html
Just the responsive header (no JS, just relies on 2 css files): http://www.alltrees.org/ken/bootstrap/docs/examples/top-nojs.html

Not working on IE: