*apologies for cross-posting*

Reminder: Early Bird registration ends on June 30th!

Early-Bird registration for the upcoming PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference in Mexico City is available until June 30th . Be sure to register before then to take advantage of this reduced rate!

The speakers and presentations have just been finalized and the PKP and UNAM conference committee have come up with an impressive schedule with an international array of OA speakers and advocacy groups represented:

A full list of the accepted presentations are available online , as well as a preliminary schedule.

Program highlights:

Keynotes : by John Willinsky (PKP/Stanford University), Ana María Cetto (UNAM), Heather Joseph (SPARC), Dominique Babini (CLACSO), and Jean-Claude Guédon (Université de Montréal).

Plenary panels with representatives from: OASPA , DOAJ, SPARC, IBICT (Brazil), and others.

Presentations from around the world , including: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Germany, Mexico, Norway, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe

As well as representatives from: SciELO, RedALyC, SSRN, CERN, Springer, and many higher education institutions from around the world.

In addition to the conference program, there will be a morning of pre-conference workshops and we will be holding an open session for all participants to Meet the PKP Team , on Monday August 19th . The Meet the PKP Team event will give a more informal opportunity to get to know some of the faces and people behind the Public Knowledge Project.

Accommodations
We have arranged a reduced rate at the Radisson Paraiso Hotel Mexico City. The hotel is conveniently close to the UNAM and will host a large portion of the conference attendees for convenience.
There are a limited number of rooms available, so please book as early as possible. You will find more information on our website

We look forward to seeing you in Mexico!

Best regards,
Karen

Karen Meijer-Kline, MA MLIS
Communications and Member Services Officer
Public Knowledge Project (PKP)
Simon Fraser University Library
Email: [log in to unmask]
Skype: kmeijerkline
Telephone: 778-782-9626
Don't miss the Fourth International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference,
Aug 19-21, 2013, National Autonomous University of Mexico
http://pkp.sfu.ca/pkp2013/