Hi,

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Matt Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Have you considered putting up a Q&A site outside of the SE network, where
> you can control the set of policies employed better?

Indeed, that suggestion has been made, implicitly or explicitly, by several
participants in this thread, and I think that hosting our own instance of
OSQA (or the like) is probably necessary to get the cultural fit right.

Assuming that there's enough interest such that somebody feels inspired to
set one up and host it, under the C4L aegis or not, one question I have is
whether it is better off being comprehensive (e.g., all the libraries, all
the archives, all the musuems, etc.) to have as large a pool as possible,
or whether having a bunch of more focused fora (e.g., the potential digital
preservation one mentioned by Trevor) is the way to go.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton